Les Mis Chapter 8

This chapter was a little confusing for me to understand, specifically the references they were making. However, I was able to get the gist of the chapter. Basically, the Senator doesn't think there is anything beyond ones life, and that one you die then that's it for you. I did find it interesting how he said religion was for the poor or struggling people to have some form of hope and how the Bishop responded that only really the rich have access to that belief of materialism since they are the only ones who can get almost any material thing that they want. I also thought that they seemed pretty respectful of each other. They both were able to say their points without the other interrupting or getting offended. I admire both of them for that as today it is becoming more of a rare thing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Symbolic.

Les Mis Part 1 Summary

I Have The Answers