Les Mis Ch. 4

 During chapter 4 the Bishop is consoling and help a man prepare his execution. After the witnessing the execution the Bishop is not doing too great. The book describes him as looking very pale and calm right after the execution. I feel like that makes sense since he seems like the type to keep his composure in public. The Bishop later on says that people shouldn't be sentenced to death and that only God should have the power to do that. The Bishops reaction shows that the author doesn't like the death penalty either, and he sees it as a horrible thing. I think I do agree with the bishop for the most part. I thin that e shouldn't be able to sentence someone to death because there is no going back on it. I think the only time it would be acceptable is if the person doesn't have an ounce of regret or repentance. If they have the type of attitude that if they could do it again they would. And even then, I feel like they should have someone like the Bishop there to try and get them to change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Symbolic.

Les Mis Part 1 Summary

I Have The Answers